From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Looking for x86 or AMD64 disassembler
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 00:33:50
1 G'day,
2
3 I'm looking for a disassembler so that I can see the underlying
4 assembly code in a variety of files, for example elf executables, DOS
5 executables, binary files (such as the master boot record (MBR)), etc.
6
7 Portage doesn't seem to include any, leastways eix hasn't revealed any
8 to me.
9
10 Searching google for disassemblers, I find a variety exist, but I
11 haven't yet encountered any with ebuilds. If needs be, I can build
12 direct from source or create a wrapper ebuild for the build.
13
14 What do you all recommend for disassemblers? Are there any good ones
15 for Gentoo?
16
17 Regards,
18