From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Way OT] Tally ho!
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 21:26:12
1 wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Am Sonntag, 29.06.2014 um 20:38
3 > schrieb Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
4 >
5 >> On Sun, 29 Jun 2014 21:29:56 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
6 >>
7 >>>> Please folks, stop that crap. It has nothing to do with gentoo or
8 >>>> computers at all. If you wanna discuss the delightfulness of war
9 >>>> machines then please to this at another place and not on this
10 >>>> list.
11 >>> Allow me to introduce your to my good friend "Delete" and his lovely
12 >>> wife "button"
13 >> Or you could filter anything with OT in the subject to /dev/null. It's
14 >> not like this thread is masquerading as something relevant.
15 >
16 > That's not the point. If you wanna talk about stuff that's apparently
17 > absolut useless to almost every member of this ML, then you should do
18 > this at another place. Especially discussions with politically and or
19 > military background are IMHO absolutely inappropriate.
20 >
21 > But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Why shouldn't we talk here about everything
22 > that cross one's mind? We could mark it as OT in the subject line, so it
23 > should be no problem for everyone. Maybe we should discuss the local
24 > daily weather? I think, that's a pretty good idea as it would increase
25 > the noise level of this list even more. What do you think?
31 Just a FYI. I have in the past asked questions about Windoze XP on this
32 very list. Why, I'm not joining a windoze mailing list for just one
33 question and I know a lot of people on this list know about windoze as
34 well. I have seen other topics raised on this list before. It's not
35 often but it does happen. I see Gentoo threads that don't interest me
36 at all and I just mark them as read and move right along but I don't
37 tell folks that I don't want to see them. I could start with systemd.
38 If I see systemd in the subject, I mark it read and move right along
39 usually without reading even the first post. Why, I don't use systemd so
40 I am certainly not interested in it. There are other threads that I do
41 the same thing with.
42
43 Just saying.
44