From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Install Issue
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:06:21
1 Hi Everyone,
2
3 I hope someone will be able to "lead me by the nose" here.
4
5 For a number of weeks now, I have been trying to install Gentoo on my
6 new desktop. I kept running into issues and due to time constraints
7 when I was installing, I put off trying to resolve them.
8
9 Today, I went through the install process, had a couple of issues, but
10 was able to figure them out and got to the point where I was supposed to
11 boot into my new system. I got the boot menu, the boot process seemed
12 to be okay, but when I got to the point where I assumed I should get a
13 command prompt to finish up, all I got was a weird screen that was half
14 black and half fuzzy with a bunch of colours (sorry, I can describe this
15 any better). I tried recompiling the kernel thinking it was a problem
16 that I had created during the initial compilation, but that ended with
17 the same result.
18
19 The computer is a Dell XPS 8300
20 It has a Radeon graphics card, but I wouldn't think this would be an
21 issue until I tried to install X.
22
23 Does anyone have any ideas?
24