From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Install Issue
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:19:10
1 On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 4:06 PM, CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi Everyone,
3 >
4 > I hope someone will be able to "lead me by the nose" here.
5 >
6 > For a number of weeks now, I have been trying to install Gentoo on my
7 > new desktop.  I kept running into issues and due to time constraints
8 > when I was installing, I put off trying to resolve them.
9 >
10 > Today, I went through the install process, had a couple of issues, but
11 > was able to figure them out and got to the point where I was supposed to
12 > boot into my new system.  I got the boot menu, the boot process seemed
13 > to be okay, but when I got to the point where I assumed I should get a
14 > command prompt to finish up, all I got was a weird screen that was half
15 > black and half fuzzy with a bunch of colours (sorry, I can describe this
16 > any better).  I tried recompiling the kernel thinking it was a problem
17 > that I had created during the initial compilation, but that ended with
18 > the same result.
19 >
20 > The computer is a Dell XPS 8300
21 > It has a Radeon graphics card, but I wouldn't think this would be an
22 > issue until I tried to install X.
23 >
24 > Does anyone have any ideas?
25
26 Try dropping framebuffer console drivers?
27
28 Also, what exact model of Radeon?
31 :wq