From: Massimiliano Ziccardi <massimiliano.ziccardi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Question about a strange emerge warning
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 12:58:24
1 Hi all.
2
3 Thanks to your support, I think I got a little bit of knowledge of how
4 emerge works, so I started cleaning my USE flags (I had lot of useless
5 stuff...).
6 To perform such cleaning, I started with USE=-* and than added everything I
7 needed.
8
9 It hasn't been very hard (but quite long :-) )to make things working: emerge
10 is a really cool tool.
11 However, I got this strange message:
12
13 * Detected file collision(s):
14 *
15 * /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/defaults/autoconfig/prefcalls.js
16 * /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/defaults/autoconfig/platform.js
17 *
18 * Searching all installed packages for file collisions...
19 *
20 * Press Ctrl-C to Stop
21 *
22 * net-libs/xulrunner-1.9.0.14
23 * /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/defaults/autoconfig/platform.js
24 * /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/defaults/autoconfig/prefcalls.js
25 *
26 * Package 'www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.0.14' NOT merged due to file
27 * collisions. If necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole
28 * content of the above message.
29
30 If I understood, it seems that xulrunner and firefox package contains the
31 same files (prefcalls.js and platform.js) in the same directory.
32 Is it normal? Should I worry? Or I simply have to ignore it?
33
34 What makes me worried is: Package 'www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.0.14'
35 **NOT** merged
36
37 One more question : what is the difference between
38 www-client/mozilla-firefox and www-client/mozilla-firefox-bin ?
39
40 Thanks in advance,
41 Massimiliano