From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Question about a strange emerge warning
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 14:03:22
1 On 09/18/2009 05:58 AM, Massimiliano Ziccardi wrote:
2 > Hi all.
3 >
4 > Thanks to your support, I think I got a little bit of knowledge of how
5 > emerge works, so I started cleaning my USE flags (I had lot of useless
6 > stuff...).
7 > To perform such cleaning, I started with USE=-* and than added
8 > everything I needed...
11 > * Detected file collision(s):
12 > *
13 > * /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/defaults/autoconfig/prefcalls.js
14 > * /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/defaults/autoconfig/platform.js
15 > *
16 > * Searching all installed packages for file collisions...
17 > *
18 > * Press Ctrl-C to Stop
19 > *
20 > * net-libs/xulrunner-1.9.0.14
21 > * /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/defaults/autoconfig/platform.js
22 > * /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/defaults/autoconfig/prefcalls.js
23 > *
24 > * Package 'www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.0.14' NOT merged due to file
25 > * collisions. If necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole
26 > * content of the above message.
27
28 Do you have the 'xulrunner' USE flag set? I believe you need to build
29 firefox with the xulrunner flag if you also want the xulrunner package
30 installed at the same time. Not certain, but it's worth a try.