From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with firefox-bin
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 23:17:04
1 David Relson wrote:
2 > firefox seems to have a problem with pricewatch pages. For example, if
3 > I navigate to http://www.pricewatch.com/gallery/monitors/lcd_24in, I
4 > have a header panel, and a brands/stores panel, but no list of 24" LCD
5 > monitors. Right clicking and selecting "save page as" lets me save the
6 > page as lcd_24in.htm. Using File//Open I can view the saved page fine.
7 >
8 > This happens with both www-client/firefox-bin-3.5.8 and
9 > www-client/firefox-bin-3.6-r1
10 >
11 > I'm linux 2.6.28-gentoo-r5 SMP built for x86_6.
12 >
13 > Any suggestions about what's borked with firefox-bin?
14 >
15 > FWIW, my son has firefox 3.6 on Windoze and it has no problem with
16 > pricewatch.
17 >
18 > David.
21 I have 3.5.8 compiled and the link you gave seems to work fine. I also
22 noticed that adblock was missing after the last update. First time I
23 saw a ad for anything in a long while.
24
25 In the past, I have read where a few people have issues with the bin
26 versions. Any reason you can't compile Firefox? It may not fix it but
27 you may want to save that for a last resort.
28
29 Dale
30