From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] update fails, but I don't see why [PROGRESS]
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 07:30:56
1 On 12/30/20 1:21 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > Michael wrote:
3 >> I expect in a few weeks the tree will settle on python3_9, so all this rinse
4 >> and repeat exercise with all the python updates should hopefully go quiet. :-)
5 >
6 > It may not be a bad idea for the OP to sync again and see if that
7 > helps.  It's rare but in the past I've caught the tree in a state where
8 > things were not quite right.  Someone is making changes but not all the
9 > needed changes made it at the same time.  Sometimes even a few minutes
10 > can make a difference.  I've re-synced in the past and it can help get
11 > past some roadblocks.  It's not a sure thing but it may be worth a try.
12 >
13 > Dale
14 >
19 I've synced copiously.  I last synced on 27.12.  After doing the emerge
20 @system on the stripped out system of 103 packages last night, a new
21 sync and emerge @system this morning yielded an update of 34 packages.