From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard drive pricing and the near future
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 20:26:44
1 Am Wed, Oct 06, 2021 at 10:24:07PM +0200 schrieb Frank Steinmetzger:
2 > Am Tue, Oct 05, 2021 at 06:32:24PM -0500 schrieb Dale:
3 > > Howdy all,
4 > > […]
5 > > If anyone reading this does track the pricing of drives, are they on the
6 > > rise, stable, dropping or what?  Is this a good time to expand while it
7 > > is more cost effective?
8 >
9 > Well I’m on ye Olde Continent and here I use a price search engine called
10 > geizhals (German for scrooge). But they have an English equivalent ;-) and
11 > of course use European pricing schemes (meaning including taxes, which you
12 > do different).
13 > https://skinflint.co.uk/?m=1
14 >
15 > The big difference here: it allows you to filter and sort by all sorts of
16 > criteria, such as being (non-)SMR or price/TB. And it shows you the prices
17 > of lots of different shops, including Amazon. So while it may not give you
18 > an idea of the US market, it gives you one of available drive models.
19
20 Ah, and another reason why I wanted to suggest this site: it also remembers
21 the price development of an item. If you view an item’s details, you have
22 its price history on the top right of the screen.
25 Grüße | Greetings | Qapla’
26 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
27
28 The only thing that makes some people bearable is their absence.