From: luis jure <ljc@××××××××××××.uy>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: automounting usb drives
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 01:05:14
1 on 2011-02-26 at 14:44 walt wrote:
2
3 >xfce4-session also recognizes the policykit and consolekit USE flag, and
4 >those two things seem to be the way of the future (until tomorrow, anyway)
5 >for desktop managers like kde and gnome.
6 >
7 >xfce has always been closely related to gnome, and it still uses the gnome
8 >USE flag, I see. I'd suggest setting the three USE flags I've mentioned
9 >and see what happens.
10
11 OK, i undid everything i had been trying and decided to try this path. i
12 recompiled xfce4-session with policykit, consolekit and gnome.
13
14 i don't have a graphical login manager, i start X with startx from the
15 console, and my .xinitrc is simply:
16
17 exec ck-launch-session startxfce4
18
19 if i start X as root things work in a more or less satisfactory way: pen
20 drives appear on the side bar on thunar and i can mount and eject them
21 (not umount).
22
23 but if i start X as a normal user, i get a "not authorized" message from
24 thunar and i can't mount the devices.
25
26 now, i belong to just about every group out there:
27
28 root disk lp wheel audio cdrom video cdrw usb users lpadmin portage
29 plugdev lj vboxusers scanner
30
31 any ideas why i don't have permissions to mount the usb drives?
32 (also, after doing these changes i can't shutdown or reboot form xfce)
33
34 anyway, it seems i'm getting closer... a big thank you to all that have
35 been following this thread, i hope i'll be able to resolve this last
36 issue...
39 best,
40
41 lj