From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: automounting usb drives
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 23:12:29
1 On 02/26/2011 03:40 AM, luis jure wrote:
2 > on 2011-02-26 at 06:00 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
5 >> Make sure you have udev enabled for your desktop environment. Or HAL,
6 >> if it doesn't support udev. Then it will just work.
7 >
8 > hi nikos, the only package in xfce that has a flag for udev is
9 > xfce-base/xfce4-session and it is set. i-m afraid it doesn't just work...
10
11 xfce4-session also recognizes the policykit and consolekit USE flag, and
12 those two things seem to be the way of the future (until tomorrow, anyway)
13 for desktop managers like kde and gnome.
14
15 xfce has always been closely related to gnome, and it still uses the gnome
16 USE flag, I see. I'd suggest setting the three USE flags I've mentioned
17 and see what happens.