From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The future of linux, and Gentoo specifically now
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 20:15:24
1 On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:56:05 +0200 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 25/11/2014 19:03, Gevisz wrote:
4 > > On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 11:45:50 +0200 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > >> On 25/11/2014 09:15, Gevisz wrote:
7 > >>>> I even can agree with them that a new place of that button was
8 > >>>>> logical, ergonomic and saved screen space.
9 > >>> Only now, I have realized that, logically, it was possible
10 > >>> to rearrange all the elements of Unity in such a way that
11 > >>> it was logical, ergonomic, saved space, and moreover kept
12 > >>> the window frame close button at its usual place, but
13 > >>> it was not possible with the Unity configuration anyway.
14 > >>
15 > >> This is incorrect.
16 > >>
17 > >> Unity has always been able to reposition the window control
18 > >> buttons, right from the first release.
19 > >
20 > > I still have Ubuntu 12.04 (with Unity) on one of my partitions
21 > > (but never use it for more that 5 minutes from the startup to
22 > > shutdown, anyway :).
23 > >
24 > > So, I can check if your statement is true. Just tell me
25 > > how to reposition the window control buttons in Unity.
29 > I have no idea dude. That was 2 1/2 years ago and I'm a Gentoo user so
30 > have zero interest in Ubuntu's Unity.
31 >
32 > Google knows the answer, you just have to ask the right questions. I did
33 > it then on a netbook that long since moved over to Mint then Bodhi and
34 > Google showed me the way.
35 >
36 > I don't know the answer to your question.
37
38 The sad truth is that nobody knows that.
39
40 This question on askUbuntu has been unanswered for about a year now, 604 views.
41
42 http://askubuntu.com/questions/228854/how-to-move-window-control-buttons-to-unity-panel
45 See also:
46