From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdm wierdness
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:19:17
1 On 8/25/06, John Blinka <jblinka@××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi, all,
3 >
4 > I have been using the kdm graphical login for all my gentoo machines
5 > for a very long time without any problems - except for the past few
6 > months on one machine. On this machine, the first login after booting
7 > always fails. All subsequent logins succeed.
8
9 Hmm, are you authenticating locally, or against a network/ldap server?
10
11 > Any ideas about what to do? The logs have never contained any error
12 > messages about the problem.
13
14 Which logs have you checked? Both /var/log/kdm.log and
15 ~/.xsession-errors would be relevant.
16
17 -Richard
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list