From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] portage and local mirrors
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:17:37
1 We're trying to set up a local portage repository for our webservers to use,
2 as we'd like our webservers to NOT have compilers and other dev tools on
3 them. We'd prefer to have the webservers get the packages via rsync over
4 ssh, but I can't seem to find anywhere to specify that transport for getting
5 packages. I'm assuming to make it look at my repository server, we put that
6 server in the "MIRRORS" in the global make.conf file, correct? And I realize
7 we can specify rsync:// as the url to make it use rsync, but I need it to
8 use a specific user for ssh authentication, and ssh as the transport.
9
10 Thanks.
11 --
12 John Jolet