From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage and local mirrors
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:05:07
1 On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:06:43 -0500, John Jolet wrote:
2
3 > We're trying to set up a local portage repository for our webservers to
4 > use, as we'd like our webservers to NOT have compilers and other dev
5 > tools on them. We'd prefer to have the webservers get the packages via
6 > rsync over ssh, but I can't seem to find anywhere to specify that
7 > transport for getting packages. I'm assuming to make it look at my
8 > repository server, we put that server in the "MIRRORS" in the global
9 > make.conf file, correct? And I realize we can specify rsync:// as the
10 > url to make it use rsync, but I need it to use a specific user for ssh
11 > authentication, and ssh as the transport.
12
13 This is clearly documented in the rsync man page; rsync://USER@HOST makes
14 it use a specific user. rsync uses ssh by default now.
15
16 MIRRORS covers where source tarballs are downloaded from. As you don't
17 want to compile on the server, you should be setting PORTAGE_BINHOST. See
18 man make.conf.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Windows Error #10: Insufficient money spent in hardware.