From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: More ALSA trouble
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 00:13:05
1 On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 18:00 -0600, Joe Menola wrote:
2 > On Friday 30 December 2005 5:43 pm, Michael Sullivan wrote:
3 > > I ran alsaconf (again). When it tried to start alsasound it gave all
4 > > those same errors again.
5 >
6 > Alsaconf is only used for modular kernels. Running it on compiled in modules
7 > tends to muck up the system pretty good.
8 > The easiest way to fix this is go back to alsa drivers compiled as modules and
9 > run alsaconf.
10 > I manged to fix my system after I made the same error, but the process was
11 > such a run around that I couldn't explain how I did it. lol
12 >
13 > -jm
16 I'm confused. The ALSA stuff is compiled into my kernel AS modules.
17 You say "the easiest was to fix this is to go back to alsa drivers
18 compiled as modules and run alsaconf" Isn't that what I did yesterday?
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list