From: Joe Menola <menola@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: More ALSA trouble
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 00:43:34
1 On Friday 30 December 2005 6:09 pm, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 18:00 -0600, Joe Menola wrote:
3 > > On Friday 30 December 2005 5:43 pm, Michael Sullivan wrote:
4 > > > I ran alsaconf (again).  When it tried to start alsasound it gave all
5 > > > those same errors again.
6 > >
7 > > Alsaconf is only used for modular kernels. Running it on compiled in
8 > > modules tends to muck up the system pretty good.
9 > > The easiest way to fix this is go back to alsa drivers compiled as
10 > > modules and run alsaconf.
11 > > I manged to fix my system after I made the same error, but the process
12 > > was such a run around that I couldn't explain how I did it. lol
13 > >
14 > > -jm
15 >
16 > I'm confused.  The ALSA stuff is compiled into my kernel AS modules.
17 > You say "the easiest was to fix this is to go back to alsa drivers
18 > compiled as modules and run alsaconf"  Isn't that what I did yesterday?
19
20 I'm confused as well...I was replying to your earlier post today in which you
21 stated...
22 "Yesterday I compiled a kernel with ALSA support for my card compiled in.
23 I booted with that kernel yesterday and everything worked great. Today
24 when I booted into Linux I got errors when alsasound tried to start.
25 Here are the errors:"
26
27 "Compiled in" says to me that you built your kernel with alsa support built
28 in, sorry if I misunderstood.
29
30 -jm
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list