From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: More ALSA trouble
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 01:19:17
1 On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 18:39 -0600, Joe Menola wrote:
2 > On Friday 30 December 2005 6:09 pm, Michael Sullivan wrote:
3 > > On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 18:00 -0600, Joe Menola wrote:
4 > > > On Friday 30 December 2005 5:43 pm, Michael Sullivan wrote:
5 > > > > I ran alsaconf (again). When it tried to start alsasound it gave all
6 > > > > those same errors again.
7 > > >
8 > > > Alsaconf is only used for modular kernels. Running it on compiled in
9 > > > modules tends to muck up the system pretty good.
10 > > > The easiest way to fix this is go back to alsa drivers compiled as
11 > > > modules and run alsaconf.
12 > > > I manged to fix my system after I made the same error, but the process
13 > > > was such a run around that I couldn't explain how I did it. lol
14 > > >
15 > > > -jm
16 > >
17 > > I'm confused. The ALSA stuff is compiled into my kernel AS modules.
18 > > You say "the easiest was to fix this is to go back to alsa drivers
19 > > compiled as modules and run alsaconf" Isn't that what I did yesterday?
20 >
21 > I'm confused as well...I was replying to your earlier post today in which you
22 > stated...
23 > "Yesterday I compiled a kernel with ALSA support for my card compiled in.
24 > I booted with that kernel yesterday and everything worked great. Today
25 > when I booted into Linux I got errors when alsasound tried to start.
26 > Here are the errors:"
27 >
28 > "Compiled in" says to me that you built your kernel with alsa support built
29 > in, sorry if I misunderstood.
30 >
31 > -jm
32 >
33 I meant that I compiled ALSA with support for my sound card as
34 modules...
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list