From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: update fails, but I don't see why
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 12:59:50
1 On 12/14/20 11:17 AM, Wols Lists wrote:
2 > On 14/12/20 08:51, Dale wrote:
3 >> If you are able, maybe you can compile the bigger packages on a faster
4 >> system? If it is a option, it may help.
5 > If I have multiple similar machines, I create a shared a shared local
6 > repository. Then I run emerge with the settings (can't remember what
7 > they are) "use binary if it's there, create binary".
8 >
9 > That way, especially the big ones, only get built on one machine.
10 >
11 > Cheers,
12 > Wol
15 Oh man!  That would be wonderful.  How similar do they need to be?  All
16 my x86 machines are currently AMD, I think, but probably from different
17 generations.