From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: machine check exception errors
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 22:05:50
1 Grant wrote:
2 >>> Do any of these warnings sound an alarm for anyone?
3 >>>
4 >>> Warning: The command '/usr/bin/ldd' has been replaced by a script:
5 >>> /usr/bin/ldd: Bourne-Again shell script text executable
6 >>>
7 >>> Warning: The command '/usr/bin/whatis' has been replaced by a script:
8 >>> /usr/bin/whatis: POSIX shell script text executable
9 >>>
10 >>> Warning: The command '/usr/bin/lwp-request' has been replaced by a
11 >>> script: /usr/bin/lwp-request: a /usr/bin/perl -w script text
12 >>> executable
13 >>>
14 >>> Warning: No output found from the lsmod command or the /proc/modules file:
15 >>> /proc/modules output:
16 >>> lsmod output:
17 >>>
18 >>> Warning: The SSH configuration option 'PermitRootLogin' has not been
19 >>> set. The default value may be 'yes', to allow root access.
20 >>>
21 >>> Warning: The SSH configuration option 'Protocol' has not been set. The
22 >>> default value may be '2,1', to allow the use of protocol version 1.
23 >>>
24 >>> Warning: Hidden directory found: /dev/.udev
25 >>>
26 >> I have the same on my machines except for the lsmod output. Did you
27 >> configure
28 >> your kernel without any modules?
29 >>
30 > Yes, no modules except that one that seems to be required called
31 > something along the lines of scsi-wait-scan.
32 >
33 > - Grant
37 I tried getting rid of that, I don't like modules much, but I had no
38 luck. It just has to be a module and it seems it just has to be there.
39 Still not sure it is the way it is.
40
41 Dale
42