From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: machine check exception errors
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 21:07:13
1 >> Do any of these warnings sound an alarm for anyone?
2 >>
3 >> Warning: The command '/usr/bin/ldd' has been replaced by a script:
4 >> /usr/bin/ldd: Bourne-Again shell script text executable
5 >>
6 >> Warning: The command '/usr/bin/whatis' has been replaced by a script:
7 >> /usr/bin/whatis: POSIX shell script text executable
8 >>
9 >> Warning: The command '/usr/bin/lwp-request' has been replaced by a
10 >> script: /usr/bin/lwp-request: a /usr/bin/perl -w script text
11 >> executable
12 >>
13 >> Warning: No output found from the lsmod command or the /proc/modules file:
14 >> /proc/modules output:
15 >> lsmod output:
16 >>
17 >> Warning: The SSH configuration option 'PermitRootLogin' has not been
18 >> set. The default value may be 'yes', to allow root access.
19 >>
20 >> Warning: The SSH configuration option 'Protocol' has not been set. The
21 >> default value may be '2,1', to allow the use of protocol version 1.
22 >>
23 >> Warning: Hidden directory found: /dev/.udev
24 >
25 > I have the same on my machines except for the lsmod output.  Did you
26 > configure
27 > your kernel without any modules?
28
29 Yes, no modules except that one that seems to be required called
30 something along the lines of scsi-wait-scan.
31
32 - Grant