From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Good/better/best filesystem for large, static video library?
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 15:42:37
1 Hi,
2 Merry Christmas to all.
3
4 Upgrading an external USB2 drive at home this Christmas morning to
5 1TB for more video storage space. One large partition, non-raid, files
6 are around 1GB. The drive holds only static video files that get
7 written once and don't change or get erased. No MythTV stuff or
8 anything like that.
9
10 This disk reside on my main desktop machine and gets backed up
11 every couple of days to another USB2 drive (FAT formatted
12 unfortunately) which attaches to the TV.
13
14 With the previous local drive I used ext3 and have had no problems.
15 I'm just wondering if there's a better choice & why.
16
17 Cheers,
18 Mark