From: lego12239@××××××.ru
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is Gentoo dead?
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 18:04:45
1 On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 01:34:39PM -0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2020-04-24, lego12239@××××××.ru <lego12239@××××××.ru> wrote:
3 > > The core of portage should be in C, imho.
4 >
5 > Why? I've been running Gentoo on multiple machines (generally at
6 > least 4 or 5) for 15+ years now. I've never seen any problems that
7 > could be attributed to the fact that portage isn't written in C.
8
9 I don't have such experience. I use gentoo/funtoo for a less period, but
10 on more machines(servers and desktops). And i catched one or two
11 (don't remember exactly) situations where emerge was broken.
14 Олег Неманов (Oleg Nemanov)