From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OBORONA-SPAM] Re: [OBORONA-SPAM] Re: Is Gentoo dead?
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 13:34:51
1 On 2020-04-24, lego12239@××××××.ru <lego12239@××××××.ru> wrote:
2 > On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 03:27:16PM -0500, Steven Lembark wrote:
3 >>
4 >> > portage must be in C and statically linked.
5 >>
6 >> Seems to argue in favor of a statically-linked dynamic language: The
7 >> runtime compiler can be static with install scripts being a bit more
8 >> malleable.
9 >
10 > The core of portage should be in C, imho.
11
12 Why? I've been running Gentoo on multiple machines (generally at
13 least 4 or 5) for 15+ years now. I've never seen any problems that
14 could be attributed to the fact that portage isn't written in C.
17 Grant