From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Avoiding HAL
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 23:13:47
1 On 02/03/2011 12:59 AM, Brian Waters wrote:
2 >[...]
3 > It's been a few months since I've been around, and I'd like to know if
4 > HAL has been fully deprecated yet. I'd like to avoid using it if at
5 > all possible, since that seems to be the way of the future. So I'm
6 > wondering what versions of udev and X server (and any other packages,
7 > dbus maybe?) I need to unmask in order to get rid of the HAL
8 > dependency.
9
10 To see that, put "-hal" in your make.conf, and check your package.use
11 too to make sure there's no "hal" enabling in there. Then unmerge the
12 hal package and do an "emerge -aDNt --with-bdeps=y world". If something
13 pulls hal back in, it's gonna show due to the "t" option of emerge.
14
15 Hope that helps.