From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Excellent Paludis interview
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 22:30:12
1 On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:54:44 -0600, Marzan, Richard non Unisys wrote:
2
3 > One option that I would like is for the build to be done completely in
4 > ram until it's compiled and ready to be placed on disk. HDD I/O is the
5 > slowest part of the system avoiding it as much as possible on systems
6 > with plenty of ram is a good idea.
7
8 Mount $PORTAGE_TMPDIR on tmpfs. It will use physical and swap memory, so
9 even OOo emerges will work providing you have a large enough swap
10 partition.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 "Daddy, what does formatting drive 'C' mean?