From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] (OT) Reboot to Windows (using grub)
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 12:57:58
1 Dear Gentoo Community,
2
3 I was wondering if anyone knew how (whether) it is possible to set
4 temporary options to grub.
5
6 I am on a dual-boot setup with Gentoo Linux being the first choice in
7 grub's config file. When I perform a restart, most of the times it is
8 in order to subsequently boot Windows. With the current setup,
9 however, I need to press the restart button (in Xfce), wait patiently
10 till the computer restarts, wait for the grub screen and change the
11 option before the 5 seconds time-out expires. I find annoying when I
12 miss out the time-out, because of my going away from the computer
13 screen.
14
15 Basically, I would like to issue a command (restart with a certain
16 grub temporary setup change), go make myself a cup of tee and come
17 back and see the Windows login screen.
18
19 Could anyone suggest a way to do something similar?
20 Liviu
21 --
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list