From: Mrugesh Karnik <mrugeshkarnik@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] (OT) Reboot to Windows (using grub)
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 13:19:42
1 On Saturday 02 Feb 2008 18:27:55 Liviu Andronic wrote:
2 > Basically, I would like to issue a command (restart with a certain
3 > grub temporary setup change), go make myself a cup of tee and come
4 > back and see the Windows login screen.
5
6 info grub
7
8 Look for grub-set-default.
9
10 What I've done is to add the default entry in grub.conf normally. After every
11 menu entry, I've added `savedefault 0'. Then when rebooting, you could issue
12 a `grub-set-default foo', it'll reboot into that entry without you having to
13 wait.
14
15 If KDE has grub support, it'll allow you to pick which entry to boot into with
16 the restart button.
17
18 HTH
19 --