From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] I think my machine is being used for spam
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 05:58:46
1 My mail queue is chock full of messages that appear to be
2 error-reports from MAILER_DAEMON to the effect that some piece of mail
3 is undeliverable. The form of the messages is baffling to me, and I
4 cannot figure out what the original message was or where it came from.
5 All of the addresses seem bogus.
6
7 My fear is that messages with non-bogus addresses are also finding
8 their way here, and are being delivered to people who deserve better.
9
10 Can I train postfix to stop this stuff? Should I investigate some
11 more to find out what's going on?
12 I really do want to run a mail server here, but I'd like to not be
13 complicit in spam.
14
15 ++ kevin
18 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD