From: Chris Reffett <mellitussum@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Masked package needs itsself ?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 20:32:39
1 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 >> Sorry, I'm not following what you're trying to say :P
5 > jpeg-7 is masked, Without it any update process stops with this
6 > failure. jpeg-7 needs itsself to update jpeg-7 (according the output
7 > I posted).
8 > If I install it, many packaged needs to rebuild, for which I
9 > have not the time.
10 > When I want to prevent that, I am urged to install another masked
11 > package.
12 >
13 > Why needs a "non masked" system a masked packed and build against
14 > it (incorporate its masked character) OR needs a compatibility
15 > package which also is masked to not to build (directly) against
16 > the other masked package?
17 >
18 > Or in more peotic words:
19 > To live on, take this poison. If you dont want to get poisoned
20 > take the other poison.
21 >
22 > Sorry, english is not my native code page...
29 Actually, according to the output you posted, something depends on
30 jpeg-7. The output you posted didn't actually indicate that jpeg-7
31 depends on itself. There should have been a list below that output of
32 what actually does depend on ">=media-libs/jpeg-7," if that helps at all.
33 Chris Reffett