From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Masked package needs itsself ?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 20:32:41
1 > Sorry, I'm not following what you're trying to say :P
2
3 jpeg-7 is masked, Without it any update process stops with this
4 failure. jpeg-7 needs itsself to update jpeg-7 (according the output
5 I posted).
6 If I install it, many packaged needs to rebuild, for which I
7 have not the time.
8 When I want to prevent that, I am urged to install another masked
9 package.
10
11 Why needs a "non masked" system a masked packed and build against
12 it (incorporate its masked character) OR needs a compatibility
13 package which also is masked to not to build (directly) against
14 the other masked package?
15
16 Or in more peotic words:
17 To live on, take this poison. If you dont want to get poisoned
18 take the other poison.
19
20 Sorry, english is not my native code page...
27 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
28 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
29 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
30 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.