From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Masked package needs itsself ?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 20:32:31
1 On Mittwoch 26 August 2009, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > > Sorry, I'm not following what you're trying to say :P
3 >
4 > jpeg-7 is masked, Without it any update process stops with this
5 > failure. jpeg-7 needs itsself to update jpeg-7 (according the output
6 > I posted).
7 > If I install it, many packaged needs to rebuild, for which I
8 > have not the time.
9
10 on my very 'full' system I had to rebuild 53 packages - including one qt
11 package, kdelibs, xulrunner and firefox, imagemagick and other stuff, some of it
12 minor some not. It is not that bad (masked qt-3 and kde3 was another nice
13 thing that cost some time - well, system is qt3/kde3 free now ...) or very
14 bad, depending on your system ;)