From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with saslauthd
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 15:53:19
1 On 5/12/22 8:42 AM, John Covici wrote:
2 > So, I went on to the sasl mailing list and someone found a patch --
3 > seems to be available for the freebsd port, and the patch was specific
4 > to sendmail and dev-libs/cyrus-sasl 2.1.28. I modified it for gentoo
5 > and it fixed everything up! I wonder if I should file this somewhere
6 > -- funny no one else noticed this before -- I saw nothing on bgo.
7
8 Hi John,
9
10 I'm glad that you found a solution.
11
12 I'm sorry that I've not responded to your detailed message yet. Life /
13 $WORK has been really busy this week. I was planing on giving your
14 message the attention it deserved this weekend.
15
16 Yes, I suspect that a patch or at least a bug report to Gentoo would be
17 good.
18
19 I'd suggest starting communications with the Gentoo package maintainer
20 if there is no better place. I expect that they will receive the patch
21 and / or redirect you somewhere better.
26 Grant. . . .
27 unix || die