From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with saslauthd
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 17:29:53
1 On Thu, 12 May 2022 11:53:16 -0400,
2 Grant Taylor wrote:
3 >
4 > On 5/12/22 8:42 AM, John Covici wrote:
5 > > So, I went on to the sasl mailing list and someone found a
6 > > patch -- seems to be available for the freebsd port, and the
7 > > patch was specific to sendmail and dev-libs/cyrus-sasl 2.1.28.
8 > > I modified it for gentoo and it fixed everything up! I wonder
9 > > if I should file this somewhere -- funny no one else noticed
10 > > this before -- I saw nothing on bgo.
11 >
12 > Hi John,
13 >
14 > I'm glad that you found a solution.
15 >
16 > I'm sorry that I've not responded to your detailed message yet.
17 > Life / $WORK has been really busy this week. I was planing on
18 > giving your message the attention it deserved this weekend.
19 >
20 > Yes, I suspect that a patch or at least a bug report to Gentoo
21 > would be good.
22 >
23 > I'd suggest starting communications with the Gentoo package
24 > maintainer if there is no better place. I expect that they will
25 > receive the patch and / or redirect you somewhere better.
26 OK, I will see if I can find the maintainer, I saw lots of references
27 in the bug list to maintainer wanted, we shall see.
30 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
31 How do
32 you spend it?
33
34 John Covici wb2una