From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: SSH login with both key AND password?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 23:46:23
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Normally I'm using SSH with regular password login, and I've read
5 > about generating a keypair and having a password-less connection that
6 > way. Is there a way to require both the key AND a password? Basically
7 > if I put the key in my SSH client at work, I don't want a co-worker to
8 > be able to login to my home PC, or someone to grab my phone, etc.
9 >
10 > Is there a way to put a passphrase on the key (seperate from my user
11 > account password)?
12
13 It is. It's even the default behavior when you create the key (openssh
14 will ask you for a password.)