From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Installing 2006.1 from the livedvd - is it really possible?
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:58:32
1 Hi,
2
3 GenToo (at least the 2006.1 livedvd) is driving me nuts.
4 I have tried several installations (more than 6) and they all
5 fail by e.g.
6 EmergePackageError :FATAL: emerge: Could not emerge mail-mta/ssmtp
7
8 it cannot build a kernel (just copy the kernel on the dvd)
9 it cannot build
10 EmergePackageError :FATAL: emerge: Could not emerge media-libs/xine-lib-1.1.2-r2
11
12 Furthermore I cannot enter the URIs for the ftp-proxie and the
13 rsync-proxie. The fields are too short.
14 I have been using the command line installer in 'advanced' mode.
15
16 So, what can I do?
17
18 Many thanks for life-saver,