From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Way OT] Tally ho!
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 00:12:46
1 wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Am Sonntag, 29.06.2014 um 16:26
3 > schrieb Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
4 >
5 >> wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
6 >>> Am Sonntag, 29.06.2014 um 20:38
7 >>> schrieb Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
8 >>>
9 >>>> On Sun, 29 Jun 2014 21:29:56 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
10 >>>>
11 >>>>>> Please folks, stop that crap. It has nothing to do with gentoo or
12 >>>>>> computers at all. If you wanna discuss the delightfulness of war
13 >>>>>> machines then please to this at another place and not on this
14 >>>>>> list.
15 >>>>> Allow me to introduce your to my good friend "Delete" and his
16 >>>>> lovely wife "button"
17 >>>> Or you could filter anything with OT in the subject to /dev/null.
18 >>>> It's not like this thread is masquerading as something relevant.
19 >>> That's not the point. If you wanna talk about stuff that's
20 >>> apparently absolut useless to almost every member of this ML, then
21 >>> you should do this at another place. Especially discussions with
22 >>> politically and or military background are IMHO absolutely
23 >>> inappropriate.
24 >>>
25 >>> But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Why shouldn't we talk here about
26 >>> everything that cross one's mind? We could mark it as OT in the
27 >>> subject line, so it should be no problem for everyone. Maybe we
28 >>> should discuss the local daily weather? I think, that's a pretty
29 >>> good idea as it would increase the noise level of this list even
30 >>> more. What do you think?
31 >>>
32 >>>
33 >>>
34 >>
35 >> Just a FYI. I have in the past asked questions about Windoze XP on
36 >> this very list. Why, I'm not joining a windoze mailing list for just
37 >> one question and I know a lot of people on this list know about
38 >> windoze as well. I have seen other topics raised on this list
39 >> before. It's not often but it does happen. I see Gentoo threads
40 >> that don't interest me at all and I just mark them as read and move
41 >> right along but I don't tell folks that I don't want to see them. I
42 >> could start with systemd. If I see systemd in the subject, I mark it
43 >> read and move right along usually without reading even the first
44 >> post. Why, I don't use systemd so I am certainly not interested in
45 >> it. There are other threads that I do the same thing with.
46 > That's right. But all examples you've mentioned are computer related
47 > topics and maybe useful for anyone on this list.
53 But windoze is not Gentoo. If I knew that several people would help me
54 with a car issue because at some point several mentioned they have or
55 had that car, I'd ask a car question if it was basically a once or twice
56 thing or at least rare.
57
58 This isn't the first time a topic has started or ended up being not
59 related to Gentoo or even computers.
60
61 Dale
62