From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Way OT] Tally ho!
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 01:16:58
1 Am Sonntag, 29.06.2014 um 19:12
2 schrieb Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
3
4 > wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
5 > > Am Sonntag, 29.06.2014 um 16:26
6 > > schrieb Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
7 > >
8 > >> wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
9 > >>> Am Sonntag, 29.06.2014 um 20:38
10 > >>> schrieb Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
11 > >>>
12 > >>>> On Sun, 29 Jun 2014 21:29:56 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
13 > >>>>
14 > >>>>>> Please folks, stop that crap. It has nothing to do with gentoo
15 > >>>>>> or computers at all. If you wanna discuss the delightfulness
16 > >>>>>> of war machines then please to this at another place and not
17 > >>>>>> on this list.
18 > >>>>> Allow me to introduce your to my good friend "Delete" and his
19 > >>>>> lovely wife "button"
20 > >>>> Or you could filter anything with OT in the subject to /dev/null.
21 > >>>> It's not like this thread is masquerading as something relevant.
22 > >>> That's not the point. If you wanna talk about stuff that's
23 > >>> apparently absolut useless to almost every member of this ML, then
24 > >>> you should do this at another place. Especially discussions with
25 > >>> politically and or military background are IMHO absolutely
26 > >>> inappropriate.
27 > >>>
28 > >>> But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Why shouldn't we talk here about
29 > >>> everything that cross one's mind? We could mark it as OT in the
30 > >>> subject line, so it should be no problem for everyone. Maybe we
31 > >>> should discuss the local daily weather? I think, that's a pretty
32 > >>> good idea as it would increase the noise level of this list even
33 > >>> more. What do you think?
34 > >>>
35 > >>>
36 > >>>
37 > >>
38 > >> Just a FYI. I have in the past asked questions about Windoze XP on
39 > >> this very list. Why, I'm not joining a windoze mailing list for
40 > >> just one question and I know a lot of people on this list know
41 > >> about windoze as well. I have seen other topics raised on this
42 > >> list before. It's not often but it does happen. I see Gentoo
43 > >> threads that don't interest me at all and I just mark them as read
44 > >> and move right along but I don't tell folks that I don't want to
45 > >> see them. I could start with systemd. If I see systemd in the
46 > >> subject, I mark it read and move right along usually without
47 > >> reading even the first post. Why, I don't use systemd so I am
48 > >> certainly not interested in it. There are other threads that I do
49 > >> the same thing with.
50 > > That's right. But all examples you've mentioned are computer related
51 > > topics and maybe useful for anyone on this list.
57 > But windoze is not Gentoo. If I knew that several people would help
58 > me with a car issue because at some point several mentioned they have
59 > or had that car, I'd ask a car question if it was basically a once or
60 > twice thing or at least rare.
61 >
62 > This isn't the first time a topic has started or ended up being not
63 > related to Gentoo or even computers.
64
65 You are really tenacious. :-) It seems that I should lower my
66 expectations regarding what's on-topic and what's not. Lets say, every
67 topic is fine as long as the poster asks a question about a technical
68 problem he has and as long as the topic has nothing to do with weapons.
69 Is that definition ok for you?
70
71 But I'm merely a regular member of this ML and this is just my personal
72 opinion, so never mind me. Talk about what you want, e.g. (historical)
73 Tanks, (historical) Submarines, (historical) H-Bombs...
74
75 Sorry for this tinge of sarcasm. ;-)
76
77 Maybe we should finish the discussion here because it is getting
78 off-topic more and more. :-)