From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] {OT} CUPS alternative?
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 15:01:06
1 I'm trying to print from my remote server to my local printer. It's
2 working great via CUPS, but I've been warned that this is not a good
3 idea and that I should be using Net::Printer instead. Net::Printer
4 docs say:
5
6 Net::Printer, by itself, does not speak to printers running the CUPS
7 protocol. In order to provide support for legacy clients, most modern
8 CUPS distributions include the cups-lpd mini-server which can be set
9 up to run out of either inetd or xinetd depending on preference. You
10 will need to set up this functionality in order to use Net::Printer
11 with a CUPS server.
12
13 I thought CUPS was *the* way to print on Linux. Is there another
14 solution that would work better with Net::Printer?
15
16 - Grant
17 --
18 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list