From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kvm/libvirt and kernel configuration
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 19:11:41
1 Am 22.04.2013 21:04, schrieb Michael Mair-Keimberger:
2
3 > Regarding virito devices:
4 > I highly recommend using those drivers. For my gentoo guests i always use
5 > virtio drivers for network devices (with vhost=on) and harddisks. (on
6 > windows guests only virito-net drivers) The performance gain is incredible.
7 > However, especially for the virtio harddisk driver, make sure you change
8 > fstab entries, because harddisk names change from sda to vda (or just
9 > use them from the beginning.
10 >
11 > If you going to try out desktop vm's too i also recommend qxl with spice.
12 > It's really fast and it also supports copy/paste (however you need an
13 > service for copy/paste on linux "app-emulation/spice-vdagent") and window
14 > resizing. Those features also work on windows.
15 >
16 > Regarding libvirt my experience is actually very low since i setup my vms
17 > with an custom init script. You can take a look on it here:
18 > https://github.com/mm1ke/qemu-init/tree/devel
19 >
20 > I can also provide a basic kernel .config for the latest stable kernel on x64
21 > and x86 if you are interrested.
22
23 I am interested ... ;-)
24
25 Put it up somewhere (dropbox, pastebin, whatever) and share the link if
26 you don't mind.
27
28 Thanks, Stefan