From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing openrc after installing systemd
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 18:13:01
1 On 12/26/2014 12:56 PM, Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
2 >>
3 >> It's totally possible to uninstall OpenRC; I haven't had it installed
4 >> in years. Nowadays you don't even need to do any tricks to do it.
5 >
6 > I got rid of it (emerge --unmerge, hehe). Some red text warning me of
7 > removing system software, but whatever. Subsequent world updates and
8 > depcleans show no changes except getting rid of sysvinit.
9 >
10 > Thanks Canek.
11
12 This isn't totally safe yet, but you'll be fine if you know what you're
13 doing. OpenRC is still in @system because it provides
14 /etc/init.d/functions.sh, and some other packages still depend on that
15 location. You can check b.g.o. for a list of packages that need to be
16 fixed to depend on the newer /lib/gentoo/functions.sh:
17
18 https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=functions.sh