From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] starting kde
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 08:05:45
1 Actually, not a problem - found the gdm "switch user" can start new
2 sessions with whatever desktop needed. I was trying to do it via a
3 console login for each session type.
4
5 BillK
9 On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 14:57 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
10 > My laptop normally runs gnome but T want to demo some other desktops
11 > tomorrow and kde is giving me problems - kde-meta 4.4.5 is installed. I
12 > think last time I did this it was kde-3.5 but that almost two years ago
13 > now and the same method isnt working for 4.4.5. I have a different user
14 > setup for each demo, I need all desktops to be running concurrently.
15 >
16 > >startkde
17 > $DISPLAY is not set or cannot connect to the X server
18 >
19 > The same occurs if I use startkde -- :1 etc
20 >
21 > Note that I want to run kde at the same time as gnome, fluxbox, xfce and
22 > LXDE
23 >
24 > I'm also having problems with LXDE but thats a different error ...
25 >
26 > BillK
31 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
32 Home in Perth!