From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] starting kde
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 07:08:02
1 My laptop normally runs gnome but T want to demo some other desktops
2 tomorrow and kde is giving me problems - kde-meta 4.4.5 is installed. I
3 think last time I did this it was kde-3.5 but that almost two years ago
4 now and the same method isnt working for 4.4.5. I have a different user
5 setup for each demo, I need all desktops to be running concurrently.
6
7 >startkde
8 $DISPLAY is not set or cannot connect to the X server
9
10 The same occurs if I use startkde -- :1 etc
11
12 Note that I want to run kde at the same time as gnome, fluxbox, xfce and
13 LXDE
14
15 I'm also having problems with LXDE but thats a different error ...
16
17 BillK
21 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
22 Home in Perth!