From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Testing SSD? (Somewhat OT)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 01:11:52
1 On 07/29/2015 04:55 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > are you sure? Asus boards usually support ECC (at least their AMD boards
3 > do) and many Gigabyte boards support ECC without telling about it
4 > (gigabyte user forums can usually answer that).
7 Hmm, I went and looked some more into this, but all I found was support
8 for non-ECC RAM. Both in my manual & online reflect this. The board I
9 have is an Asus P5QL-E.
10
11 Adding to that - 4GB of ECC budget RAM for my board is $200 here. I'm
12 not about to spend that on an almost 8 year old machine. If it was $40
13 I'd try it, but not for $200.
14
15 Dan