From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hubris?
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 08:14:00
1 On Tuesday 28 July 2015 21:18:43 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 05:29:18 +1000, Bruce Schultz wrote:
3 > > >You may not need an initramfs to run root on btrfs as long as btrfs is
4 > > >compiled into your kernel (I haven't looked into it closely though).
5 > >
6 > > But I think you do if your btrfs is raid 1. The kernel can't mount
7 > > multidisk btrfs until it done a btrfs device scan in userspace, run
8 > > from initramfs.
9 >
10 > According to the btrfs wiki you can pass
11 > device=/dev/sda1,device=/dev/sdb1 on the kernel boot line.
12
13 Thanks all.
14
15 I think I'm going to dive straight in and build a new system. First I'll have
16 another go at grub-2, then when that's working I'll start a new build.
17
18 As far as I can see, /boot can just be on the single sda1, with a duplicate on
19 sdb1 in reserve.
22 Rgds
23 Peter