From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hubris?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 20:19:05
1 On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 05:29:18 +1000, Bruce Schultz wrote:
2
3 > >You may not need an initramfs to run root on btrfs as long as btrfs is
4 > >compiled into your kernel (I haven't looked into it closely though).
5 >
6 > But I think you do if your btrfs is raid 1. The kernel can't mount
7 > multidisk btrfs until it done a btrfs device scan in userspace, run
8 > from initramfs.
9
10 According to the btrfs wiki you can pass
11 device=/dev/sda1,device=/dev/sdb1 on the kernel boot line.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Indecision is the key to flexibility.