From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel 2.6.25-r6 oddities; is this kernel really ready for stable?
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 00:52:11
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2008, Dale wrote:
5 >> I used make oldconfig and my old kernel config as a starting point. Did
6 >> you happen to do the same? Maybe it should be done from scratch? Some
7 >> conflict or something?
8 >>
9 >> Thoughts?
13 > you turned on some stupid feature. Like a bunch of debug options that slow
14 > everything down or crap like Group CPU scheduler, Control Group support,
15 > Enable SLUB debugging support and other assorted garbage.
18 That is sort of along the lines of what I am thinking. It doesn't seem
19 to be something accessing the hard drive or something like that so I
20 suspect that something is using the CPU a lot. I do plan to check this
21 more later on. I did also notice some of the warnings the OP
22 mentioned. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my issues but
23 thought it may be worth mentioning in case it was also causing other
24 issues.
25
26 Since my old kernel is stable and runs fine, I usually answer no to the
27 new stuff with make oldconfig since I'm not using them anyway. It is
28 possible tho that something got turned on that I missed. After all, I'm
29 getting older and prone to silly things. o_O
30
31 Dale
32