From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on Android and the problem of space
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 19:02:49
1 On Friday 31 Jul 2015 19:19:06 Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > on my tablet PC I used an Android App called "Linux deploy"
5 > to install an chroot-environment for - guess - Gentoo. :)
6 >
7 > The tablet has a SDcard slot and recognizes any FAT32 formatted
8 > SDcard automatically. Anything else will silently be ignored.
9 >
10 > Furthermore Linux deploy uses a single file when it is
11 > pointed to an external SDcard (with FAT32) which is mounted
12 > via a loop device, formatted ext4, and then populated with
13 > the Gentoo Linux files.
14 >
15 > So far so nice.
16 >
17 > Unfortunately the file size is limited to 4GB, which is not
18 > /that/ much in respect to what I want to install later (Linux
19 > deploy goes as far as LXDE runs a terminal and only a few moe things).
20 >
21 > I created a second file of 4GB and set it up as a "second partition".
22 > This is now additional storage capacity of another 4GB.
23 >
24 > BUT:
25 > Linux deploy already installed a full rootfs and more on the first
26 > file. And I need to increase the size of _the whole rootfs_ with this
27 > extra file ... not only the storage capacity located behind a certain
28 > mountpoint.
29 >
30 > Is there any way to add the capacity of the second file in a way, that
31 > the whole rootfs participates from/in/at/of (damn! sorry, I am not
32 > good with/at/in/of/from propositions) this?
33 >
34 > How can I deal with this?
35 >
36 > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
37 > Best regards,
38 > Meino
39
40 Have you tried mounting it with '-o loop' from your chrooted system? However,
41 this won't work unless the chrooted system can see the new partition.
44 Regards,
45 Mick