From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on Android and the problem of space
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 18:19:22
1 Hi,
2
3 on my tablet PC I used an Android App called "Linux deploy"
4 to install an chroot-environment for - guess - Gentoo. :)
5
6 The tablet has a SDcard slot and recognizes any FAT32 formatted
7 SDcard automatically. Anything else will silently be ignored.
8
9 Furthermore Linux deploy uses a single file when it is
10 pointed to an external SDcard (with FAT32) which is mounted
11 via a loop device, formatted ext4, and then populated with
12 the Gentoo Linux files.
13
14 So far so nice.
15
16 Unfortunately the file size is limited to 4GB, which is not
17 /that/ much in respect to what I want to install later (Linux
18 deploy goes as far as LXDE runs a terminal and only a few moe things).
19
20 I created a second file of 4GB and set it up as a "second partition".
21 This is now additional storage capacity of another 4GB.
22
23 BUT:
24 Linux deploy already installed a full rootfs and more on the first
25 file. And I need to increase the size of _the whole rootfs_ with this
26 extra file ... not only the storage capacity located behind a certain
27 mountpoint.
28
29 Is there any way to add the capacity of the second file in a way, that
30 the whole rootfs participates from/in/at/of (damn! sorry, I am not
31 good with/at/in/of/from propositions) this?
32
33 How can I deal with this?
34
35 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
36 Best regards,
37 Meino