From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: move instalation from one system to another one.
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:05:23
1 On 31 Jul 2008, at 19:50, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
2 > ...
3 > Note the "emerge -e world" is not what we need here as it will leave
4 > broken system packages (the system won't boot on the new processor).
5 > The '-e' option looks for the USE flags only.
6
7 From `man emerge`
8
9 --emptytree (-e)
10 Reinstalls all world packages and their dependencies ...
11
12 (don't be confused by the next sentence. I am sure it just means to
13 say "uses the currently set USE flags").
14
15 ...
16 --newuse (-N)
17 Tells emerge to include installed packages where USE
18 flags have
19 changed since compilation.
22 Stroller.